Monday, April 21, 2008

B2B...2B official times posted just now!

It seems I finished in 01:07:02!!! Slightly better than I thought!

That comes out to a 10:47 minute mile pace (cool that I shaved 23 seconds off my mile pace in only a week!).

Other results:
* 85th out of 107 in my division (Female 30-34)
* 722nd out of 868 over all
* 353rd out of 468 women running the 10K

So, I had a strong run (for me), and actually beat 115 women and 31 men! huh.

BUT ACTUALLY, that's not the entire story!

See, The Bridge to Bridge... to Brew run was both a 10K and an 8K race. If I include the results from the 8K race since they started at the same time and followed most of the same route as us....

... from what I can figure, it seems I physically crossed the finish line before 89 8K runners (meaning they crossed the finish line after 1:07:02), AND had a better race pace than a shocking 240 of them!!! Who'da thunk it?? There were 681 runners running the 8K race overall actually... which Sheryl and I found weird since it was only a 2K difference in length (1.3 miles or so?)... and we were wondering what the huge difference was between the 2 lengths. Why wouldn't you just go 10K if you can run an 8K?

Anyway, I'm surprised that technically, I beat more 8K runners than 10K runners on Sunday! Who would have thought?

No comments: