Tuesday, September 4, 2007

more swimming

Total Distance So Far: 237.3 miles

Eh, I was in the water for 45 minutes, so I'll just add 4 miles to my "running total." I decided to try out a new pool today, the one near my house that offers $2 lap swimming from 8-9:30pm. A good deal!

I'm between soccer sessions right now, so I didn't have anything else going on tonight. Also I opted to not swim last night cause my stomach wasn't feeling too great. I blame the leftover sushi I deemed suitable for dinner.

So, tonight I was in this pool:


It was alright. There were kids playing at one end, other lap swimmers present (impressive for being kinda late at night), and the pool was certainly clean and well lit, and most certainly near my house (less than 5 minutes away by car). It just didn't have to same energy as the other pool did tho. I'm not sure how to describe it... I think I was painfully aware of the laps I was swimming tonight, where in the other pool I've been going to, I kinda lost myself in the pool and just was swimming.

I tend to not like it when I'm aware of the exercise I'm getting. That's why I like soccer. Oh well... I think my body is benefiting from the swimming sessions (or more specifically my bad foot and knee), so I'll keep it up anyway, even if I do find it tedious. Only what? 5 more weeks to go?

Yes... about 4.5 weeks until event day! Oof... this is kinda getting real, isn't it?

No comments: