Wednesday, August 22, 2007

back on the elliptical

Total Distance So Far: 197.3 miles

Just a little note that I spent about 30 minutes in my fitness center again today on the elliptical machine. I'm really getting much better at using it. In the 30 minutes I was on it today it said I went 3.54 miles! That boils down to an 8:28 minute mile pace. I was "running" at over 200 paces per minute for nearly the entire time I was on the thing. I also tried varying the height of the ramp and increasing the resistance for the first time. That made things interesting.

2 comments:

hana said...

I haven't done anything since last Friday, almost a week! Maybe I'll go do some elliptical at lunch. The machine I use has these handy preprogrammed settings that adjust the height and resistance to simulate, like, going on a hike and stuff. Kinda fun. For me, increasing the resistance even a little *really* gets my heart rate up. Increasing the incline doesn't do much for me except use slightly different muscles, I think.

jacqueline said...

yeah, I actually decreased the incline and saw that I could exercise more of my leg this way.