Saturday, June 16, 2007

back from san francisco!

Total Distance So Far: 63.1 miles

I had to go to San Francisco all week for work (hence the lack of blogs this week).

One unfortunate note: I think I have developed plantar fasciitis in my left foot. According to wikipedia, Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition caused by excessive wear to the plantar fascia of the foot. The pain usually is felt on the underside of the heel, and is often most intense with the first steps of the day.

yep and yep. my symptoms fit this exactly. oof. I think I need to find podiatrist early next week, cause I ain't quitting.

On Monday, I attempted the interval training on the hotel's treadmill. It wasn't super easy, but I was able to run 6 faster quarter mile intervals with a warm up and warm down.

On Wednesday, I was only able to fit in a 20 minute run (instead of the 30 minute run I was supposed to do), but I figured 20 minutes was better than nothing.

So I spent 1 hour 20 minutes on these:


The cool bit was the TV built in, so I watched all sorts of TV while I was doing my workouts.

I skipped the weight training this week for lack of time. I'll pick it back up next week.

I flew home last night, and this morning did the 6 mile group run. Unfortunately thanks to the plantar fasciitis, I think my old runner's knee is flaring up again (hence the quick need to find a podiatrist so all my woes cease and desist).

I was able to run a good amount of the 6 miles at roughly a 10 minute mile pace, but my knee started to stiffen close to 5.5 miles, so I decided to walk the rest of the distance. Val humored me and my aches as she also is having a knee issue today.

Anyway, good to be home. I'm tired, and ready to conquer whatever this foot thing is I have. I hope to be "up and running" in no time!!

No comments: