Monday, June 4, 2007

a hard run, and some tables

Total Distance So Far: 42.6 miles

Track session again tonight. I got there a little late thanks to an after-hours presentation my work team was putting on for our lab manager (read this as my boss's boss's boss, kind of a big deal). I had to be there to answer any questions she may have around my part of our demo.

Anyway, I rolled up to the track around 6:15pm, all the other TNT people were done with their warm-up run and were doing a group stretch before the real meat of the night (the fast laps). I stood in and did some stretches and listened to any announcements (there weren't any), and when everyone else stepped off to do their fast laps, I started my 10 minute warm-up run (approx at a 10:31 minute/mile pace). Then I started my laps. We had to do 6 faster laps tonight, instead of 4. Ah, the training gets more challenging! I started feeling a side-stitch during lap #3, so I was struggling a little this evening. Was taking kinda longish breaks between my fast laps to try to recover.

Lap 1) TIME: 1:36 minutes PACE: 6:24 minute mile
Lap 2) TIME: 1:39 minutes PACE: 6:36 minute mile
Lap 3) TIME: 1:42 minutes PACE: 6:49 minute mile
Lap 4) TIME: 1:43 minutes PACE: 6:51 minute mile
Lap 5) TIME: 1:51 minutes PACE: 7:02 minute mile
Lap 6) TIME: 1:39 minutes PACE: 6:36 minute mile


By this time it was about 7pm, I needed to do my cool-down run, but I also had my friend Sheri driving out from Newberg,OR with a load of garage sale items and some plywood and sawhorses to use as garage sale tables, and I needed to be home in time to meet her. I wasn't sure what time she was planning on coming out... but I was worried about not being ready for her.

I compromised, and since Val had just gotten there and had done 1/2 her warm-up run, I decided to do 1/2 a cool-down run with Val (the rest of her warm-up) and then take off. I ran 5:10 minutes at a 9:10 minute mile pace with Val (slightly over 1/2 a mile), picked up some garage sale signs from my mentor Vicki, and got on my way.

Roughly 45 minutes later, Sheri pulled up to my house with her truck loaded to the gills with garage sale items, and pulling a U-Haul trailer with some more stuff. I love Sheri. She had some good stuff too! We unloaded it into my (formerly cleaned out) garage, and then she helped me setup 2 tables and started sorting items on them with me. It was super awesome of her. We practically setup all the items I had already sitting in my garage for the garage sale tonight, and I have more in my spare bedroom already priced that I'll move into the garage on Friday, so I'm feeling pretty good about this up-coming Saturday.

Should be a nice little garage sale... now that I have tables.

3 comments:

jacqueline said...

dude! someone Sheri knows contributed an Xbox to my garage sale!!! Sheri didn't even know what an Xbox was.

hana said...

Xbox! hmm, how much are you selling that for?

jacqueline said...

not sure yet. I still need to price alot of things.