Saturday, June 2, 2007

group run #3

Total Distance So Far: 39.6 miles

This morning I actually managed to get myself up on-time for the 7:30am group run (yes, val volunteered to call me to help make sure I wouldn't sleep in again). Everything worked out swimmingly; I was able to get up at 6:30am to make it to her house by 7:10am.

Today's run went great too! I was really energized for it, and found it alot easier than last week's. I also found myself WANTING to go a little faster cause it felt good (albeit I noticed I was a little thirsty during the run, next week I'll bring my hydration pack on the run).

We did the Willamette esplanade again today. 4 miles total. Same run as last week. Next week gets more difficult though.

Anyway, today's stats:
DISTANCE: 4 miles TIME: 39:24 minutes PACE: 9:51 minute/mile

At the end of the run, the mentors had set up a breakfast for us runners. That is so nice of them! I had a donut, a banana, some strawberries, and some watermelon. It was all so very tasty!

3 comments:

jacqueline said...

oh yeah, and my hurt foot didn't bother me at all! I'm considering it a non-issue at this point.

hana said...

You're getting so fast! That's cool. Maybe I should try doing a little more of whatever you're doing that's helping. The weights maybe? I'm still stuck at ~30 minute greenlake run (about an 11.4 minute mile), and feeling like that is the max I can possibly go. Heh, I probably just need to run more often. That would probably help.

In other news, I cleaned my apartment for like 3 hours yesterday and that was a great workout! I'm all sore today.

jacqueline said...

I'm expecting to slow down a bit when we hit longer distances, and then as my comfort with longer distances improves hopefully I'll improve my pace as well.

I have no clue where my pace will settle in the end. I may be a 12 minute/mile for the marathon in Oct. We'll see. Frankly, running a marathon and finishing is quite enough for me. I DON'T need to finish in 4 hours.