Wednesday, June 20, 2007

on the road again

Total Distance So Far: 69.3

FINALLY, after a couple of awkward weeks, I was able to get back outside running around my work campus for the Wednesday timed run.

It felt GOOD, and I finally feel back on track for my training, even with the plantar fasciitis onboard.

And? I learned that after running 6 miles in my career as a runner, running for 30 minutes is just... nice. Calming. Gentle. Go figure.

Today was a pretty day outside, cloudless. A nice breeze. I headed out for my run when the sun was at it's highest, approximately 1pm, armed with my garmin, ipod, sunglasses, running cap and sunscreen on. I didn't experience any of the same things from that last hot outdoor run either, no side cramp at 2 miles, no listlessness or any feeling like I was losing energy. I also warily eyed every metal grate I passed, just to make sure I didn't step on any.

It just felt GOOD to be out on the open road again.

And, it seems I ran a 5K in my 30 minute run today. According to my garmin my stats for today are:
TIME: 30:06 minutes DISTANCE: 3.12 miles AVG PACE: 09:39 minute mile.

neat! go me!

No comments: