Wednesday, May 30, 2007

holy hot asphalt, batman!

Total Distance So Far: 35.6 miles

Today's workout was a 25 minute run. No set pace or distance. Due to my work/afterwork schedule, the only time I could get around to this run was over lunch time. Problem was, we seem to be having some super-summer weather today. oof.

84 degrees out, at noon, I donned my running kit and headed out. Slathered up slick with sunblock, adorned with my running hat, sunglasses, garmin forerunner and ipod shuffle, I stepped out into the beating sun.

Dang it is hot today. Even the breeze was hot.

I knew this morning today was going to be a warm one when my house only cooled down to 70 degrees overnight with all my windows open.

Today's stats...
DISTANCE: 2.6 miles TIME: 25:04 minutes PACE: 9:39 minute mile

I think there was one moment where I nearly over-exerted myself around mile 2, but I pulled out of it ok. I need to make sure to be careful this summer when it's this warm and warmer. Perhaps I should consider doing my runs in the air conditioned fitness center on a treadmill instead of being an asphalt trooper.

3 comments:

jacqueline said...

note to self: recharge garmin before Saturday group run!!!

hana said...

Yeah, I got hot even INSIDE my AC fitness center yesterday. Total bummer.

I totally don't believe the meters on the fitness machines either. They always say things like 3 miles in 30 minutes, which I can't pull off at all when I'm running outside. Eh, whatever, as long as my heart rate is up for an extended period of time I'm fine.

jacqueline said...

one of the other projects for this past weekend was to hang my new solar curtains in my family room. They're supposed to provide privacy, and temperature regulation. I had no clue they were going to be so useful so quickly!

I went ahead and took the cover off my window AC unit this morning before work too and left it churning away for the dogs pleasure.

I think it's summer now. It certainly feels like it atleast.