Thursday, May 10, 2007

planning for a garage sale

I think one of my first massive sized fund-raising activities is going to be a garage sale. I've started asking around today for donated Garage Sale items from friends and co-workers.

I guess this weekend I ineffect need to seriously clean out my garage to make room. I also happen to have a spare bedroom in my house I can store/sort/price items in. That'll be handy. HOPEFULLY I'll get a lot of good swank to try to sell off at budget prices.

The plan right now is to have 2 separate garage sales. The first on June 9, and the second on Aug 25. Unsold items after the first will have another chance to be sold at the second. We'll see how that goes.

I'm also considering selling hotdogs and soda at the same time during the Garage Sales. This is definitely going to be an interesting endeavor. I'll need to find some friends to help me man the sale on the day too.

2 comments:

Michi's Human said...

I would help with the first garage sale---except I'm in Amsterdam!!!

jacqueline said...

I think I can excuse your absence... just this once. ;)