Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm not a morning person

Total Distance So Far: 30.0 miles

When I say I'm not a morning person, I REALLY mean it. I'm practically non-functional most mornings. Might as well hang a hat on me and call me a coat rack. Normally that's all I'm suited for.


This morning, for instance, I had lofty plans of getting up at 7:30am, and meeting up with Val at her house around 8:10am to carpool to the TNT group run starting at 8:30am.

At roughly 8:15am I got a phone call from Val, waking me up. CRAP!
I sprung out of bed and threw on my running kit, and flew out the door. SOMEHOW I made it to the TNT group run only 10 minutes late, and they hadn't even left for the run yet. They were finishing up a clinic on proper stretching led by coach Joe.

Val and I met up, signed in, and started on our run within a minute or so of me getting there. I am SO glad Val called me this morning!!!

Today's run was 4 miles along the Willamette esplanade. I was having a hard time getting into some kind of warmed-up rhythm. I didn't FEEL like I had my running-mojo today. I think perhaps being deep asleep only 30 minutes prior to starting the run had something to do with that though.

My Garmin was again having trouble finding a signal under the big Portland bridges (like always on the Willamette esplanade), but I know it was a 4 mile run. The run took Val and I 42:29 minutes, which gives us roughly a 10:37 minute mile or so.

Also made some friends today on the TNT group run. I met Sherman and Amber. Both of them joined TNT by themselves, both very nice people, and both seeming to be currently running at a pace similar to Val and mine. I'll be seeing a lot of them over the next couple of months, so that will be cool.

No comments: