Wednesday, May 23, 2007

oof, I'm sore today

Yesterday I spent 2 hours in my work's fitness center lifting weights according to the strength-training workout schedule laid out for us by the TNT head coach. It honestly took more time than I was expecting. I thought I would be lifting weights for maybe an hour? But no. 2 hours.

I like the idea of being true to the weight lifting aspect of my training because otherwise everything I'm working on is all lower body, and I know it's better for me to focus a similar amount of effort on my upper body and core muscle groups. Plus, I was surprised how difficult I found the bench press! I remember being decent at bench presses back in high school, so when I was having trouble with my 3rd set of 20 reps at 30 lbs, I was actually quite surprised.

Man am I feeling it today too. Last time my full body was this sore with muscle aches, I think I had just done a full day or so of heavy lifting either moving into my house, or helping a friend move into their's.

Todays workout is a simple 25 minute run, and I think I'll find that refreshing, and helpful with the muscle aches. Tomorrow I have another 2 hours in the weight room tho.

I think, so far, I'm enjoying the weight training the least of this whole experience. heh. I know I know, weight lifting will get easier as I stick with it. Don't worry, I'm not planning on cutting any corners.

1 comment:

hana said...

2 hours! no wonder you're sore. I'd be sore if I even lifted 1 lb weights for 2 hours. Makes me tired just thinking about it.