Tuesday, May 29, 2007

week 2 of my TNT training underway

Total Distance So Far: 33.0 miles

Last evening we had another track session. I got there in time to do the 10 minute warm-up run too (at approx a 9 minute mile pace), so I was able to run 3 miles total last night instead of the 2 I got in last Monday.

As for my faster laps around the 400 meter track, here is how I did:
Lap 1) TIME: 1:41 PACE: 6:44 minute mile
Lap 2) TIME: 1:44 PACE: 6:56 minute mile
Lap 3) TIME: 1:37 PACE: 6:28 minute mile
Lap 4) TIME: 1:41 PACE: 6:44 minute mile

Faster than last week! I really enjoy running these laps, but I'm not sure why. It seems everyone else hates running these. I think it's loads better than the weight room at least (which is something I need to go do today, come to think of it).

For our cool down, Val and I ran together at an approximate 9:23 minute mile pace, and we both agreed that was a pretty comfortable pace to run at.

In other news, my first fund-raising garage sale is coming up in 2 weeks. I've got SOME stuff collected for it at this point, but I think I could use a good deal more. This upcoming weekend, I'm picking up some large tables from my friend Sheri, and also getting some things that she has collected from some of her friends for the sale.

My mom was in town this weekend and helped me to clean out my garage, so it's ready for larger items now. It looks so amazingly clean and organized, I hardly recognize it as my own garage! Moms are great.

I need to start working on advertising for it this week (figuring out what papers to post it in, etc). I'll need to make some signs, and continue to price the items I've already received. It's a little overwhelming, but I've also got some friends who said they'd come out and help me run the event. Here's hoping everything goes well!!

No comments: