Monday, May 7, 2007

a little run

Brought my Garmin and running kit to work today. My work campus is surrounded by a loop road which has a sidewalk or biking/walking lane for atleast 3/4th the way around the loop. On any given day you can find health-conscious employees walking a lap around the grounds.

I figured the loop was about a mile. Turns out it's exactly 1.17 miles.
I did 2 laps today non-stop. I tried pushing myself a little atfirst, but for the second lap settled into a slower pace (until I saw the end of the lap, then I pushed myself quite hard till the finish).

Today's Run Stats...
lap 1) distance:1.17 mi time:11:29 minutes pace:9:51 minute mile
lap 2) distance:1.17 mi time:12:04 minutes pace:10:21 minute mile
TOTAL) distance: 2.34mi time:23:33 minutes pace:10:05 minute mile

love the new toy.

Afterwards I went to the little employee shower room to change back into civies. I realized then I had forgotten to bring to work both deodorant, AND a shower towel. I guiltily took a pile of paper towels (meant for hand-drying) out of the dispenser and took them into the shower stall with me in lieu of a terrycloth bath towel. Not knowing how many I'd need, I took quite a few. Turns out paper towels are WAY more absorbent than terrycloth! I've never been so dry so quickly after a shower! Go figure. I also learned I need approx 10 paper towels to dry myself off after a shower. I'm filing this information away into my vault of trivial facts just incase I need to know it again.

additional note to self: next time you run at work bring your ipod shuffle, sunblock, sunglasses, and a visor.

On Friday I think I'll try 3 laps.

2 comments:

yenzhenyi said...

Hi Jackie!

Great that you joined TNT. Toys are fun... you can make neat charts and graphs of your run, elevations, heart rate, etc... I just did Wildflower triathlon yesterday and P.R at 3hrs, 43min!

-Jen Yen

jacqueline said...

Wow that's great Jen!! Awesome triathlon time!

You're the first person I met who has done TNT, and definitely an inspiration.

Thanks for the support!!!!