Wednesday, May 16, 2007

mmm... pie

I had the urge to bake this weekend, so I put that to good use.

I had my first "pie campaign" today. I baked 2 strawberry-rhubarb pies from scratch on Monday night and brought them in to work on Tuesday with plates, forks, and vanilla ice cream.

The idea I had, instead of selling individual slices and nickel & diming my co-workers to try to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, was to use the pie as a thank you gift for anyone who decided to sponsor me that day. It worked! I was so pleased!! I didn't push pie on anyone, nor did I go out of my way to let people know I was fund-raising. I just had pie on display at my cube next to my donation sheets.

1 pie is gone, and it was VERY good (yes, I had a test sliver to make sure it came out great). I was quite pleased with how it tasted. I still have a pie left though.

I'm considering taking it to my ultimate frisbee games tomorrow evening with slips of paper with my donation url on it, and handing out pie if the person is interested in sponsoring me. The logistics might be kinda awkward tho, since there are no... tables. Plus, ultimate frisbee isn't really much of a "pie" event.

Hmm... anyway, if that doesn't work out, I'll need to figure out what to do with this pie before it goes bad! Can't waste a good pie!!

Any ideas?

2 comments:

hana said...

mmm, pie. I'd be happy to take that off your hands if you can find a way to ship it to me in one piece. :)

Lien said...

Mmmm...paaaaai.

I should totally make some pie.