Wednesday, May 30, 2007

green muffins?

Tonight I caught the baking bug again. I made a double batch of green tea muffins w/ chocolate chips. I know, it's a slightly non-traditional baked good, but I assure you they're quite good.

I think I'll take them to soccer tomorrow evening and try to hand them out with slips of paper I've made with my donation url. Let's see if this works!



Muffins are DEFINITELY easier than pie to hand out at a sporting event. Come to think of it, this pretty much reinforces my mom's question the other day as to what the heck "easy as pie" means. It's a phrase that really doesn't make much sense.

3 comments:

yenzhenyi said...

Good luck with the green muffin fundraiser. If I was up north, I would eat a bunch! I've got the TNT century ride this weekend around Lake Tahoe! Wish me luck. GO TEAM. -Jen Yen

jacqueline said...

oooooo, with the recent scourge of nice weather, I bet Tahoe this weekend will be brilliant!! Enjoy yourself!! GOOD LUCK!!

hana said...

I bet the "easy as pie" refers to how making a pie is a lot easier than making some cakes. Like, don't some cakes collapse if you look at them the wrong way when baking? And there's all the egg separation, and the making of the frosting. Sure, with pie, you have to make a crust, but the filling is really simple generally. Maybe?